• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strife10110

Things to learn to be an artist

This topic is 6009 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
2d or 3d?... b&w or color?..

in fact, you MUST known
-photoshop or some "clone" (for 2d)
-3dstudio Max, maya or some "clone" (for 3d)

Hiya,

I got into the games industry, first by learning to use software (3D Studio MAX PSP PhotoShop etc) and then by building up a portfolio... (this was the purpose of my website...to showcase work) It''s important you show versatility, not just in your choice of mediums but also styles. (2D 3D Tradtional paint, pencil etc)

Next persue the developers for jobs...its daunting at first, ecspecially if you get alot who aren''t interested. Also, join up with Games Industry Agencies. They will help you by contacting companies on your behalf, putting you forward for interviews in addition to your own efforts.

The Games industry is in a good position atm, so if you want a job, go get it

Since I''m in the UK the agencies I used won''t be much good to you...but look around and you should be able to find US equivalent agencies.

You should of course also contact companies yourself, bear in mind you''ll have to hunt down contact numbers for developers.

Hope this helps...good luck!

Ste

www.stephen-hawes.co.uk

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!