• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectSound

This topic is 5777 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone! Can somebody tell what should I do to make my program play mp3 files? Is it possible using DirectSound? If so, than could you give some sample code or give a reference to an article explaining this... Thanks anyway....

Advertisement
You''ll need to use DirectShow, unless you intend on writing a custom MP3 decoder. There should be samples included with the DirectX SDK for using DirectShow for this/similar things.

Tom L

Guest Anonymous Poster
Are you using this for the sound for a game or to play regular music? DirectShow is definately the way to go for a game if it plays your samples fine since it''s real easy to code.

If you want to write an mp3 player or something, I''d recommend you use a custom mp3 decoding engine and feed this to a directsound buffer. If this is the route you want to go (100s of lines of code), I can email you some of the directsound setup stuff.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I want to analyses the audio and Can you (Anonymous Poster) post to me some source code too?
Thanks!
my email is nethuhost@163.com

• Advertisement