Multiplayer Online Sim/RPG brainstorming

Started by
5 comments, last by evilbry 21 years, 9 months ago
Ok, here''s the idea as its laid out right now. In the game, you are business entrepeneur and you''re starting up a sweatshop in an asian country somewhere. This will be a turn-based multiplayer game where you control multiple aspects of the business. Some features will be: -Buying and selling children on the black market -Government and health official payoffs (To keep things low profile) -Housing for the kids -Wide range of of products to produce, from shoes, to toys, to TVs and cars. All selling at different prices and cost different building costs. -Everything takes up factory space. Factory space is purchasable. Machines take up factory space. Living quarters takes up factory space. You can purchase multiple factories, or take over multiple factories. Players can form alliances, called corporations, and work together towards winning. Winning is being one of 10 top players at the end of the game, with rank being determined by company worth, which is a formula taking into account all of the companies possessions. The game will be turnbased, where a player gets say, 5 turns every ten minutes, and can use those turns to produce goods, or any other actions in the game (taking over a factory) This game is inspired from www.pimpwar.com , a game where you pimp hoes and other fun criminal things. I''m trying to think of some more features to add. can I get some feedback?
Advertisement
how about adding some politcal correctness?
Screw political correctness.

This should probably be in the Game Design forum...

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

probably. I figure the writers would make things more creative, and i want something creative.
Actually I think this thread should be in gamedev''s recycling bin myself
"Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. He will surely attempt to disarm you as well"~Vendayan
To those complaining about political correctness and saying it should be in the recycle bin: Don''t you think someone said the same thing about Running With Scissor''s "Postal"?

Now, for useful feedback Sounds cool... I hadn''t heard of pimpwar but I''ll check it out when I get done with this reply. Besides housing for the kids, you could work in some kind of morale level for them and actually make it possible to keep your hard-working kids somewhat happy, increasing their production. I''m not at all sure how you would go about it tho.

Hehe, one of the other things you could produce would be black-market CDs/DVDs
WNDCLASSEX Reality;......Reality.lpfnWndProc=ComputerGames;......RegisterClassEx(&Reality);Unable to register Reality...what's wrong?---------Dan Uptonhttp://0to1.orghttp://www20.brinkster.com/draqza
great ideas.

Morale is a great idea. Im think i can take their wages and hours and space and safety and cleanliness and factor them all together for morale.
High morale = more production
low morale = less production, more runaways and such.

Pimpwar is addictive like crazy, so watch out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement