Why always 0.5 FPS with OpenGL stuff?

Started by
22 comments, last by CWizard 21 years, 9 months ago
yep, M$ have pulled OGL support from XP, which is why we need OGL2.0 to come along and clean things up and M$ to be kicked off the ARB imho as they dont do anything to help it at all (not updating and now not supporting it at all)
Advertisement
Thanks again all. It really seems like Billy and his Clan Micro$oft (what parts of his body this means to describe, I shall never know ) really made an effort to make it nearly impossible to get OGL working on XP.

Someg: You describe my experience exactly. Your info sounds promising, and I will try to get what you got, and hopefully I can enjoy openGL as well.

Thanks again all.

[edited by - CWizard on July 2, 2002 7:18:45 PM]
So THATS my problem!!! My OpenGL game works fine on every Computer I''ve tested it on except for WinXP systems!! I was getting really confused why it didn''t work. It must be that my friend (and his brand new PC with NVidia card and WinXP) hasn''t updated his drivers since he got the PC. I''ll have a word with him . Anyway, that lack of support with OGL of WinXP is REALLY low. I wasn''t to bothered about all their problems and thought they wern''t too bad a little while ago (even though I personally didn''t use directX because I didn''t like its structure). I now dislike them very much.

- Weasalmongler
Umm m$ HAVENT pulled OGL support from WinXP, nor have they tried to make it harder to get OGL apps to run. You just install OGL drivers for your hardware like you do for any OS, and if said drivers support OGL, then itll work fine.

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement