• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metus

using gluLookAt for a nice perspective

This topic is 5889 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I''m trying to create a Baldur''s Gate Clone in OpenGL but i can''t get the perpective to look decent! Im using gluLookAt with these settings Position = 0.0f, 10.0f, 6.0f View = 0.0f, 0.0f, 2.0f; Heading ? 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f I''ve been tried several combinations, but i just can''t make it look right... help?

Advertisement
As you know BG was in 2D (i wrote a character creation guide for it on www.gamefaqs.com ). so if you want to give it a real 2D look like that just go from straight above ( sorry i cant really give any numbers right now ). if you want it to look kind of 3d maybe go from a 45 degree angle. i would be interested in seeing this :D i like dungeons and dragons (''specially BG)

Why don''t you try using the Ortho Mode. Baldur''s Gate is 2D. And Ortho mode makes perfect 2D.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!