• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

force_of_will

Begining :)

This topic is 5865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a ROOKIE in programig so i jave a few questions to make My questions are simple: a) what do we need to know to begin serious game programing b) what are the books you think are the best to learn c++, Mfc, and opengl, and all other ESSENCIAL things to make a real complete game thanks and happy coding to all

Advertisement
I hate to sound so...unfriendly, but please, just use the GDNet Search button.

Just do a little query for "where do i start" or "beginner help". There are countless threads and topics which go into depth for helping newcomers. Good luck.

quote:
Original post by Laroche
MFC certainly isn''t "essential" to Game Programming.

Well, in some ways it is. To make a "complete" game, you usually need to use tools of some kind..like a map editor. If you want to make your own, MFC can come in handy. Perhaps that''s what he meant.

I can understand that in that context, but I mean there are definatly other options to consider. For example, using VB, which is much less complex, and faster to develop.

edit: I mean for the map editor

[edited by - laroche on June 30, 2002 9:18:37 PM]

When i say MFC I as talking about litle demos, or big things like level editors

thanks to all of you guys that care

PS: I Know there is a link for beginers but i want the opinions of those of you that already have bought some of the books

quote:
Original post by force_of_will
When i say MFC I as talking about litle demos, or big things like level editors.

MFC still isn''t essential. It''s useful, but not essential.

quote:

PS: I Know there is a link for beginers but i want the opinions of those of you that already have bought some of the books

We''ve distilled them several (thousand) times. You can find most of them in the for beginners forum and under that link.

Thread closed.

This topic is 5865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.