[source] code boxes

Started by
11 comments, last by fallenang3l 21 years, 9 months ago
I really liked the look of the old ones that adjusted themselves to display the whole source. Of course, some people might like the new ones because they''re small and you don''t have to scroll the page a lot to read the thread if there''s a lot of sources. How about we have the best of both worlds - the way they will be displayed is a personal preference that''s set in the profile. This way, everybody will be satisfied.
Advertisement
That''d be cool.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

got my vote..
i sometimes print a thread out so i can highlight interesting
bits and read it while im coding.. if you try to print
a thread with the new source boxes, it''ll only print out
what you can see, not the entire contents.
a while back i suggested a ''printer friendly'' button, but
i guess im the only one on this forum who prints out threads

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
yeah...i actually like the old method better so i didnt have the small scroll box for source code and let the code fill up the whole screen

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T
I really preferred the old method too. It never has bothered me, especially considering I have in my mouse an amazing "wheel-button thingamajig."
masterghttp:/masterg.andyc.org
I would like to see them work properly in Opera...
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by Arild Fines
I would like to see them work properly in Opera...

I tried to fix them to work decently in Opera, but I couldn''t find a simple way to do that and still allow the new code boxes to show in other browsers without really changing the HTML behind it. If you view the source on this page, you can see a small Javascript thingy that messes with the CSS to minimize the damage . However, since then, I''ve grown quite used to Mozilla, and now only use browsers that are based on Gecko.

It would be nice if they automatically resized themselves if there was only 2 or 3 lines of code, instead of having a huge empty box.
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
We''re planning on making it something you can control through your preferences.
quote:Original post by Null and Void
However, since then, I''ve grown quite used to Mozilla, and now only use browsers that are based on Gecko.

Too late for me, I''m afraid - I cannot live without mouse gestures.

--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement