• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colinisinhere

Directx 8.0 with Dev-C++ 4.9?

This topic is 5951 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

At the Dev-C++ resource site they have Directx 8.0 (it isn''t the SDK) but i am have trouble geting it to work... if anyone has tried DX8 from the Dev-C++ site and got it to work on Dev-C++ can you help me? I intstalled DX8 and compiled and ran a program but it asked for d3dx8d.dll and then I got d3dx8d.dll and it said something different about ddraw.dll.. Can someone help me get this to work? Or give me a project the works with DX8 from the Dev-C++ site... Thanks

Advertisement
I''m using dx8 and dev-c++ together its normal for it too say something about d3dx8d.dll but not for it to ask about ddraw.dll you should reinstall the dx8 runtime

I get about the same problem when I do it. I get two error messages when I try to run the program. One says "The WIN.EXE file is linked to missing export D3D8.DLL" The other says "C:\..\win.exe, A device attached to the system is not functioning"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!