Turn based

Started by
10 comments, last by eagleone 24 years ago
David:

I believe that you are partly right, but partly wrong. When you are saying that most of the 14-18 years old people don''t want to play turnbased games... I think it''s little too hard to say... Maybe you meant games like Art Of War and other hardcore-turnbased games ? For example, Incubination was pretty popular game even for normal people, same goes with Jagged Alliance (deadly games), and Heroes Of Might And Magic II, which was super popular (even after most of the players had just pirated version

I believe, that the game that I would like to create would be a hit game even for gamers who are not hardcore turnbase fans, because it would be something new, and I''m pretty sure that audience would love it
Ohh... If I just could code the engine by myself, I would start right away, but 1) I''m too lazy 2) I don''t have time before summer (I''m an exhangestudent, and that eats 30% of my "freetime").
Well... the good thing is that the engine would be really simple to create, basically just really basic bitmap manipulation (if rotation is counted as basic), and some line-of-sight code. Still looking for person who would like to code this game

Advertisement
Bear in mind that among the most popular online games are chess, poker and other card games, most of which are turn based.

The vast majority of the population are more comfortable and familiar with games that are turn based. These people do not read game magazines, play deathmatch anything or upgrade their computers so that they can play the latest, greatest 3d realtime fx masterpiece. These are the people who make Who wants to be a Millionaire and Monopoly top ten sellers.

Making a game that caters to these people has the advantage of possibly making you very rich. It has the disadvantage of being less than glamorous when you describe your work to others within the game development community.

$0.02

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement