what do you think this would be like

Started by
18 comments, last by dc kipper the hut 24 years ago
it is like a movie in a game. you just kind of carry the story when a cut-sean is not on. ok this is a very basic story time: medievil place: somewhere a prince is in command of a army and he falls in love with a woman from the enemy(i know, i know. romeo & juliet) during one time he is with the woman during battel amd they lose 200 solduers. the king finds them together during the battel and has the prince banished to jump of the side of the earth(yes the think the earth is square) on there walk he kills both guards and escapes into the woods. after that i cant think of what else to say. failuer to plan is like planning to fail
failuer to plan is like planning to fail
Advertisement
"it is like a movie in a game. you just kind of carry the story when a cut-sean is not on.
ok this is a very basic story"

Lots of FMV, very little gameplay.

Very, very bad idea.

Mike
lot of gameplay. you comannd 4 missions before you lose the one great batter, you kill the guards, and then i have no ider on the story that follow''s

Just from a story standpoint, I think the loss of 200 soldiers is a bit extreme, if the player is supposed to take the side of the prince..., I think the death of 200 soldiers outweighs the love between the prince.

Heres what I would do.

Make the woman a "someone" on the enemies side, a princess, etc..

Then make something more direct happen when the prince is away, something that will still keep the princes honor intact if thats what you are trying to do.

*This is just thinking from the top of my head*
But maybe the king ordered two high ranking knights to kill or kidnapp the enemies daughter(will have to justify that one somehow) and anyway when they make their attack on the daughter, the prince is with her and defends her..he kills one of the knights, but is wounded by the other..who recognizes him and takes him and the princess back to face the king. Anyway, he ends up getting banished.just like your story, but this way he was fighting for the life of his lover and that is what caused him to be banished. That makes me feel a little better, rather then having the prince get banished because he selfiously was away on a date and 200 people get killed because of it.

Just an idea.

I wouldn''t play it. I like as much control over my character''s future as possible.

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
Boring, lame, add more complications to the plot like prince is found having sex with the king and that is why the woman from the enemy side decides to revenge it to the king and you must defend king. Finally you will realize that the woman from enemy is your mother, but the worst thing is that you have had sex with her/him and also he seems to be man? How about this?

Time comes, time goes and I only am.
That''s rediculous! I *definitley* would not play that game... too kinky for my tastes
the solduers don''t get killed when he is away. he is with the princes in the battel.

Eitherway, I think the story needs a reworking and as for a game idea of having it be a movie with interactive scenes sandwhiched in between...I think this would be a massive project that would need realy engaging movie sequences and equally engaging interactive parts and although the majority (well, basically all ) of the previous fmv interactive movies have failed in the past, that doesn''t mean that it couldn''t succeed if done right....but one would need tremendous skill in both cinema and game design to find a good balance for it to work.

it would take a big buget. you have to live near a studio and i am hell bad at programing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement