Visual C ++ 6.0 Error

Started by
58 comments, last by Eric_the_Red 21 years, 9 months ago
quote:Original post by Eric_the_Red
ok scaught, did you not read my first post? I got ripped off from the company I bought it from and got a used version that didn''t work. You know reading all of the posts may help with your sad attempt at put-downs.

Oh, I read it alright, which is why I posted in the first place.

I am completely baffled at how you obtained "a used version that didn''t work". Is it or is it not a Microsoft Visual C++ CD? If it''s a pirated copy, then you pretty much got what you deserved. Buy a real copy and start over.

If it''s a real copy, then, unless the CD is unreadable, it will work. MSVC CDs do not just break after being used by other people. You cannot use them up, or delete files from them, or magically curse them so that they no longer work for other people.

As for my "sad attempt at put-downs" - think of them more as words of encouragement. Programming is about problem solving, and if you can''t get a program to work that should work under any reasonable set of circumstances (MSVC) then I will have to suggest you find another hobby.

quote:Thanks everyone for your help, except scaught....
Cheers,
-scott

Advertisement
Let me explain it very easily for you. I ordered Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Standard, instead I got Professional for the same price by accident, they said it was there fault and to keep it. I, later, discover the cd was scuffed and was missing the MSDN cd and any other manuels and what not. Then, I returned it because it was defective because the program can''t Debug or run the prog I make. Do you need it to be explained any simplier?
Good idea Derek, Ok that''s one C++Builder. Anyone else suggest others or that will be the one I get.
Also, C++Builder is by Borland, right?

Absolutely right!
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
Hmm, I''ll look into that. Also, what version would you recommend. I am looking at getting the Personal Edition cause it''s only $70, so I would lose to much if it doesn''t work or something. Which do you recommend, Personal or Professional(or whatever it is called)?

Thanks in advanced.
Then, I returned it because it was defective because the program can''t Debug or run the prog I make. Do you need it to be explained any simplier?

Yes, I do, because there is no way that the program was defective. They did not ship versions that did not work. Therefore, either you''ve done something wrong, or your system is in a state where buying Borland might not work either.

Stop being so rash and try to figure out the problems facing you in a rational way. You are only going to waste time and money otherwise.
Are you just trying not to see what I am talking about or something?
THE CD WAS SENT TO ME MESSED UP BY A COMPANY TRYING TO STEAL MY MONEY CAUSE THEY ARE CHEATS. THE NAME OF THIS COMPANY IS A2ZCOMP.COM. If you can''t not understand that, then you are just a moron.
Now, stop respond cause I really don''t care about your opinions. Thanks to everyone else who was helpful.
I might be wrong, but I do not think anything is wrong with your MSVC. In my opinion, that error message is perfectly valid.

You cannot run debug or execute the program without compiling it into an .exe... What is probably happening is there is some kind of setting mixup, or you''re doing something wrong, and your program isn''t compiled. Remember to compile the program to an .exe, not just compile the files and not link them.

This doesn''t look like any sort of corruption, it is perfectly logical error.
[email=ubc_wiskatos@hotmail.com" target="_blank" style="width: 10px; height: 10px; background: #fe7a21; overflow: hidden; display: block; margin-bottom: 2px;][/email]Wiskatosxp
Hmm, I''ll look into that. Also, what version would you recommend. I am looking at getting the Personal Edition cause it''s only $70, so I would lose to much if it doesn''t work or something. Which do you recommend, Personal or Professional(or whatever it is called)?

Thanks in advanced.

I''m not the oracle plus the $70 is not mine , so this is up to you... however from the feature matrix sheet, the Professional do have lots of goodies, eg. HTML code completion, MFC Wizards and CodeGuard (yummy)... etc.

"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
Are you just trying not to see what I am talking about or something?
THE CD WAS SENT TO ME MESSED UP BY A COMPANY TRYING TO STEAL MY MONEY CAUSE THEY ARE CHEATS. THE NAME OF THIS COMPANY IS A2ZCOMP.COM. If you can''t not understand that, then you are just a moron.
Now, stop respond cause I really don''t care about your opinions. Thanks to everyone else who was helpful.

I''ve actually ordered from a2zcomp.com before (through www.pricewatch.com). I got decent prices on hardware for a PC I built for a friend. I was not cheated. And chances are they are not making forged copies of MSVC. And if you think they are, by all means report them to Microsoft so that they could take the proper legal action.

And I''m really sorry you don''t care about my opinions. And maybe you don''t care about UBC_Wiskatos'' opinions as well. Furthermore, maybe you only want to hear opions that match what you expect - that there is no possibility of human error on your part. Well, if that''s the case, you''re never going to find the right answer.
I never said they were making copies. They were selling me used and damaged software that was not all it said it was( I only get one cd in a CD Sleeve) for full price.

And it wouldn''t let me compile more than one time, then it displayed some address error.

So, the professional is suggested? I''ll have to check the price on it. Is the personal addition still anygood or are their good compilers for cheap prices, I am still interested in Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 Pro. if I can find it, but no luck so far.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement