Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Maz

DirectDraw - BltFast and Blt combined?

Hey, I've come to the state in my game when some optimizing is starting to be required. I'm using the worst computer one can have for game developement, a 2GHz beast with GF3 .. it allways runs smoothly but when I tried it on my old machine (450 MHz, GF1) it actually went pretty choppy.. soooo.. My game is based on the structure from Teej's "Hands-On Interactive Game Development" tutorials - it's of course much more evolved but the basic structure remains. So that's the story, now for the problem; I want to blit the background I use with BltFast, and the sprites with normal Blt. This is because I don't use any of the special stuff (mainly clipping) you get from Blt in my background, but the sprites do. Is there any way to BltFast the background texture to the backsurface Blt it there aswell, while still using a clipper? I hope I made my problem clear.. I tested the game without any clipper attached and got a x4 performance.. pretty nice , but it looked weird when the players came too close to the edge (just disappeared). Grateful for any help, -Lord Maz- (edit - spelling fix) [edited by - Lord Maz on July 15, 2002 9:02:22 AM]