• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

karan13

Code Help, The X Files plus animation (yikees)

This topic is 5824 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i just needed some general and game programming questions solved... Thanks in advance to anyone that helps. Firstly, which one of the two following program codes, should i use... Is there any difference.... struct ShipData { char *m_cShipName; //The name of the ship //Hull Information char m_cShipHull; }; class cShip { //Declare a member of the pre defined structure ShipData m_Ship; public: cShip(); ~cShip(); }; --- or --- class cShip { char *m_cShipName; //The name of the ship //Hull Information char m_cShipHull; public: cShip(); ~cShip(); }; Secondly, im working on a 3D Engine, and am still in the stage where i need to initialize Direct3D... However, can someone explain to me on how to display and animate *.X files... I have the DirectX SDK 8.1, and viewed the example, especially the one with the Tiger tutorial. Just to see how well it works, i opened the code, and changed the .X file which it opens from *.X to Dolphin.X which also comes with the SDK. Now, when i run the code, i cannot clearly see the Dolphin, however, if i use the Mesh Viewer Utility, i can see the dolphin properly. Why is this so. Does this mean that the code to open and display a *.X file is different for each file, or did i just do something wrong. I have read some articles on parsing *.X files, but want to expand, and learn how to display *.X files efficiently. Also, can someone give me a brief insite in how to perform some movements to the animation. What i mean is how do i map the keyboard, so that when i press a certain key, the animation of the object changes slightly, to show that it is moving or attacking, or something like that. I just started using 3D Studio Max, and came accross MaxScript. Does it have anything to do with that. Thanks to anyone, who reads through this post, and responds. I will try and respond to any questions you may have. Thanks again Karan

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!