• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LeoMaheo

my gcc-MAKE has DIED due to a compiler bug

This topic is 5911 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone recognize this error message? It has completely killed my ''make.exe''. assertion "*p2 != ''\0''" failed: file "/tantor/build/nintendo/arm-000512/i686-cygwin32/src/make/read.c", line 866 I got it when I run GNU Make (version 3.77 for the ARM processor with GCC 2.9) on a program I''ve been working with, and after I got the message ''make'' doesn''t work at all any more. Projects I were able to rum ''make'' on before have now become impossible to make, and even using a simple makefile on a simple file with only "int main() {return 0;}" in doesn''t work - I only get the strange error message. According to the internet, this is due to a bug in the compiler kit. I''ve reinstalled the compiler and make and the other compiler-stuff 5 times and also tried to erase settings in the windows register dealing with the compiler kit, but also after doing that I still get the strange error. Does anyone know how to solve the problem? Right now I use a ''make.bat'' file to build my program but this takes pretty much time since I have to compile every single .cc file again (of course I could write my own ''make'' program, but perhaps I should post a post here first ).

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!