benefits of VC++(.net) over DevC++ ???

Started by
6 comments, last by Mr_Confused 21 years, 9 months ago
i''m sure that this question has been asked before, but i can''t seem to find the post, so anyways... what, if any, are the benefits of VC++(.net) over DevC++ ???
---------------------------------------------------------Until you've failed, you don't know what success is.
Advertisement
Bill Gates will hug you.
As with all versions of Visual C, it is loaded with extra libraries, help files, and you get tech support.

But Dev-C++ is free, is always getting better, and can already do most of what VC can do
Can I create ActiveX components with DevC++?
intellisense
its why i stick with vc currently.. and the texteditor is much more natural for me (means selecting multiple lines, and shift the tabulators with tab and shift-tab to the right and to the left for example)
i worked one day with dev-c++ and i fucked up all 2 minutes some lines of my code because the other behaviour of it (not that its bad, its just different)

the best ide is imho jcreator, but thats for java (but its awesome, fast like devc++ but nearly equivalent to vc6 in the behaviour.. cool)

and i have c# in .net, wich i like

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

1. Native .NET support.
2. Native Windows support.
3. Native Microsoft support.
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
quote:Original post by DerekSaw
1. Native .NET support.

You are talking about VC++.Net? What do you mean by Native Windows support and Native Microsoft support?

shaun
quote:Original post by neos
Original post by DerekSaw
1. Native .NET support.

You are talking about VC++.Net? What do you mean by Native Windows support and Native Microsoft support?

I know you all are talking VC.Net... and that''s the benefit... after all, the creator of .NET is also the creator of Windows...and is... sorry if I confuses anyone.

"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement