GL ignores first Vertex ??? (ASM)

Started by
5 comments, last by stryx 21 years, 9 months ago
hi, again I got the problem, that OpenGL doesn''t draw (use) the first vertex: This is MASM code invoke glBegin,GL_LINE_LOOP ;put anything else here _glVertex3f 1.0f,0.0f,0.0f _glVertex3f 2.0f,0.0f,0.0f _glVertex3f 2.0f,1.0f,0.0f _glVertex3f 1.0f,0.0f,0.0f invoke glEnd Nothing wrong I think. Well, @ my pc GL does draw the lines from Vert1->2 2->3 3->4 but not 4->1 It''s a lineloop. Let''s try a quad instead. The 1st Vertex is at the right place every 2nd frame. @ the other frames it''s far, far away left upper out of the screen. I''ve no idea what the problem is. Here''s a link to a Zipfile with Source,Exe,myHeaders and a screenshot. Hope You can help me guys. It''s very important.
Anything that requires finding convex hulls in realtime isstarting to sound like a bad idea. -- John Carmack
Advertisement
here its working..

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

works for me...
any idea what the prob is @ my machine ?
Detonator 29.4.
Celeron 466
TNT 2 m64 32mb
Win 98 SE
1024x768x32

or with the code ?

I found out that it has todo something with glRotatef in a other code.
Any ideas or suggestions ?
Anything that requires finding convex hulls in realtime isstarting to sound like a bad idea. -- John Carmack
it works perfectly well on my system.

p3 500
128 ram
ati radeon 8500
win 2k

---
shurcool
wwdev
Ok guys, I''ve fixed it. But I don''t know if this is the real bug in my code or my CPU

It''s the Floating Point Instructions.

I''ve rewritten them and now it works. Bit tricky now , since I never used the before
Well I''ve never learned Win32 asm

I''ve written a little Effect with it.
Please tell me if it''s running ok on your machine.
(It may be too fast because of no timing
Which one do you like more
cube or cubix both 4k = 6kb zip

Here''s the intro *******
are you sick or ill? you look so green..
i prefer the cubix. both are working like they should ( i think, i don''t have a reference image or movie to see it, but they look okay )

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement