A tutorial with an edge?

Started by
2 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 21 years, 9 months ago
Is there any tutorial that starts from beginning to end to make a 2D game (scroller perhaps?)? I've looked at the ones in GameDev but I was wondering if there is one that's for the beginner and would explain SIMPLE AI. I already know C and C++. I have Windows Game Prog for Dummies, but from Chapter 8 - the end, skips over alot of stuff and doesn't give good explanations (especially about AI and animation code). Well can someone please help me? Knowledge is what you learn, wisdom is how you apply it. [edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on July 16, 2002 4:54:53 PM] [edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on July 16, 2002 9:42:27 PM] [edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on July 17, 2002 11:39:02 AM]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
Here on GameDev.Net you can find a tutorial that learns you how to program a Tetris clone (IIRC), you can find the tutorial in the "Hands-On Interactive Game Development" forum. Check it out.

The best way to accelerate a Win9x machine is at 9.81m/s2
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
http://www.2dgame.nl/ It''s in English.
Is there any other tutorials show the AI and sprite creating parts as well as the game programming?

Knowledge is what you learn, wisdom is how you apply it.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement