Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obsidian Kindragon

Problem when locking newly created surface in Windowed mode

Hello. I''ve just started a small windowed program and I used to be able to Lock the Primary or the Secondary surface, but over the last few days the exact same codes will return a DDERR_SURFACEBUSY error whenever I try locking any surface. Here''s a snippet of my code: int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nShowCmd) { MSG msg; //SETUP DIRECTDRAW INTERFACE if(DirectDrawCreate(NULL, &lpdd, NULL)!=DD_OK) { return(0); } lpdd->SetCooperativeLevel(hWnd, DDSCL_NORMAL); //SETUP PRIMARY SURFACE memset(&ddsd,0,sizeof(ddsd)); ddsd.dwSize = sizeof(ddsd); ddsd.dwFlags = DDSD_CAPS; ddsd.ddsCaps.dwCaps = DDSCAPS_PRIMARYSURFACE; if(lpdd->CreateSurface(&ddsd,&lpddsPrimary,NULL)!=DD_OK) { return(0); } //CREATE SECONDARY SURFACE memset(&ddsd,0,sizeof(ddsd)); ddsd.dwSize = sizeof(ddsd); ddsd.dwFlags = DDSD_CAPS | DDSD_WIDTH | DDSD_HEIGHT; ddsd.dwWidth = 600; ddsd.dwHeight = 400; ddsd.ddsCaps.dwCaps = DDSCAPS_OFFSCREENPLAIN; if(lpdd->CreateSurface(&ddsd,&lpddsSecondary,NULL)!=DD_OK) { return(0); } //ATTEMPT TO LOCK SECONDARY SURFACE //THIS RETURNS A DDERR_SURFACEBUSY ERROR lpddsSecondary->LOCK(NULL, &ddsd, DDLOCK_WAIT | DDLOCK_SURFACEMEMORYPTR,NULL); //CREATE MAIN WINDOW WNDCLASS wMain; wMain.style = CS_DBLCLKS | CS_OWNDC | CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW; wMain.lpfnWndProc = MainWindowProc; wMain.cbClsExtra = 0; wMain.cbWndExtra = 0; wMain.hInstance = hInstance; wMain.hIcon = LoadIcon(NULL,IDI_APPLICATION); wMain.hCursor = LoadCursor(NULL,IDC_ARROW); wMain.hbrBackground = (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(BLACK_BRUSH); wMain.lpszMenuName = NULL; wMain.lpszClassName = "TileSet"; if(!RegisterClass(&wMain)) { return(0); } if(!(hWnd = CreateWindow("TileSet", "Tile Program", WS_POPUP, 0, 0, 600, 400, NULL, NULL, hInstance, NULL))) { return(0); } while(1) { if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_ESCAPE) & 0x8000 ? 1 : 0) { PostQuitMessage(0); } if(PeekMessage(&msg,NULL,0,0,PM_REMOVE)) { if(msg.message == WM_QUIT) break; TranslateMessage(&msg); DispatchMessage(&msg); } } if(lpddsSecondary != NULL) { lpddsSecondary->Release(); } if(lpddsPrimary != NULL) { lpddsPrimary->Release(); } if(lpdd != NULL) { lpdd->Release(); } return(msg.wParam); }

Nevermind. I found out the problem. It was due to trying to debug the program with a breakpoint between a lpddsSurface->Lock() and lpddsSurface->Unlock() without having the DDLOCK_NOSYSLOCK flag initiated. The debugger would crash the first time after compiling and then give the DDERR_SURFACEBUSY error whenever I tried to lock the surface, but I fixed it by adding the DDLOCK_NOSYSLOCK flag when locking.