Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OB1st

The SDK dolphin example

Hello The SDK dolphin is a tweening and basic shaders. My question is how did the author synchronize the constants such that the dolphin has his head always in the front. The logical solotion is to equate the time it takes to rotate the dolphin in his own axix to the time it takes for the dolphing to make a world trip and arrive back at his initial coordinates. However I still could not extract from the different constants which constant does what. I want to use the constants specefic for this example and apply the Newtonian laws to those specific constants(and variables) Any hint will be appreciated. If love is illusion and hate is real, I would rather be crazy

I admit the question is not clear

Time = distance/ spead.
We have two time variables, for the dolphin example, t1, and t2
t1 is the time it takes for the dolphin to make one rotation arround his own access.
t2 is the time it takes for the dolphin to dive to the left of the screen in a circle and return to the same point from the right side side of the screen.

The only case(in my opinion) for the dolphin to stay oriented correctly while diving such that his head is front, and tail is back is if t1 = t2

If any one is interrested to discuss this further, please post your reply wether you agree with the assumption or wether you do not, then we carry it a step at atime.

My best regards

If love is illusion and hate is real, I would rather be crazy