VC++ Compiler question....

Started by
11 comments, last by burgc002 21 years, 9 months ago
If we are talking about VC6 then yes, it is a bug. I found (or the problem found me) a while back and after doing some searching/posting it was found that it is broken code. Sometimes I find if you are assertive and repeat your attempts to "trigger" the autocomplete it will work but this is about as reliable as the Gargoyle sitting on top of my monitor.

Had SP6 and it was on Windows ME. Going to see what happens on 2KPro and probably check out the alternative suggested by Cygon.

L8~
"C and C++ programmers seem to think that the shortest distance between two points is the great circle route on a spherical distortion of Euclidean space."Stephen Dewhurst
Advertisement
I had the same problem when using VC6, but moved to VS.NET already and never had that problem ever since.

But I see something similar (in VS.NET) that can probably help. AutoComplete in VS.NET only works in a file that is part of an active project. So suppose I have a project called A, and there are two files opened: a.cpp and b.cpp. However, only a.cpp is part of project A. b.cpp is just a regular file opened from somewhere else not included in the project A. I notice that AutoComplete works only in a.cpp, not b.cpp.

My compiler generates one error message: "Doesn''t compile."
-Albert Tedja-
My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."
try checking out visual assist, I havn''t had that problem since installing it. find it on google...
-----------------------------------------------------------"People who usualy use the word pedantic usualy are pedantic!"-me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement