Starting Programming Team

Started by
14 comments, last by Panax 21 years, 8 months ago
This is a good idea!
Everyone join in!

Knowledge is what you learn, wisdom is how you apply it.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
now hopefully we have to decide whether or not we used DirectX 6/7 (which would mean DirectDraw) or 3D API (DX8.1 or OpenGL).

also we need more members and ideas....

this is my daily bump.
hope people get on.

daily bump? how many people do u have already? 4? thats PLENTY-in fact, it may be too many. take ur 4 lackies and start organizing ur ideas, and assess ur resources and capabilities...
if you need more people, then the majority of you are probably too incompentent (no insult intended) to do any real work in the first place (you may need to study for a few months).
It''s been my experience that have anything more than a programmer and an artist in a first-time development group is asking for trouble. Game "designers" with no experiece are simply not prepared for the role. That''s why many professional companies promote from within, rather than gambling on someone with a "great idea" and no clue how to make it take shape. If you want to start a group, my advice is to start small. Ideally, when the credits roll, the same name should appear for programmer and game designer.
Tolerance is a drug. Sycophancy is a disease.
two things Panax ...

where are ya at?

and

what position were you planning on taking over? whats your credentials?

I've got a site and plenty of storage space to host the project at ... retrospiral.net

[edited by - zer0wolf on July 24, 2002 1:12:18 PM]
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement