• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wine Problem

This topic is 5757 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to run Tribes in Wine, but as soon as I press a key it crashes. I am using the current version of Wine right now (just downloaded last night). Any ideas? Jason Mickela ICQ : 873518 Excuse my speling. The V-Town Have-Nots

Advertisement
Ok, I''m going out on a limb here: does tribes use DirectX? If so do you have it configured in wine (or is that even possible, I know only the basics of wine) and if it you do have it loaded do you have a recent version loaded? If it''s using DirectX for input and it''s not there then poof! In Windows there are many games I have tried that don''t have error checking to see if the proper version of DirectX is running then when it gets to a part of the program that uses it BAM! (The newest High Heat Baseball comes to mind) Hmm... actually, now that I think about it they crash when the program initializes the DirectX devices... well I might have wasted my breath but like I said, just going out on a limb.

Wine has a built-in implimention of some DirectX components. But I am going to try to copy the dinput.dll from the CD to my Wine/Windows directory and see if that helps. I hope so, I hate having to boot up windows just to play a few games.

Jason Mickela
Excuse my speling.

The V-Town Have-Nots

• Advertisement