Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erunama

Show your latest work!

I know these threads don't last long, but just downloaded the GIMP (Windows version) last night and I am really psyched about it. Here are some quick little things I came up with: Those are all logos for my brother's website. Some of them don't exactly work as logos (like the weird colorful one), but I was having fun messing around with this awesome program. Created with GIMP: [edited by - Erunama on July 30, 2002 8:34:27 PM]

The first one is going to be the background of the site (just kidding of course... I don''t want the visitors to have seizures).

The "stucco" one was just a carpet texture that I bump mapped. Personally, I like the second film logo (it is a movie site). The first one would be hard to make a site around, without creating a border around the image and without having a background image.

Though I am not really happy with any of them. I''m sure better things will come with practice.

I am really loving creating patterns with GIMP. It is so easy, and they look pretty cool! Here's three more:

EDIT: Took out large (cool looking) center picture.

[edited by - Erunama on July 18, 2002 12:22:14 AM]

[edited by - Erunama on July 30, 2002 8:36:49 PM]

Come on guys, this is no fun just putting my work up here.

I've been playing around with the saturation filter a bit.

Pat Wilson (drummer for Weezer). I like the way this turned out, since it was my first one:

Elizabeth Perfoll (model). I am not at all happy with this one. I think it would have been better to desaturize the entire room and leave her as is. I am too tired to try that right now. Also, I think her skin is a bit too light in this picture.

[edited by - Erunama on July 30, 2002 8:37:09 PM]

d''oh me ! I could have posted here
Well, I couldnt be bothered reposting, so if you wanna see my new stuff and comment (I always like a bit of criticism from my peers), please give a look to the thread I started.

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

Why don''t see your images?
because many webhost don''t allow extern hotlink (in special geoshities and angelfire). My webhost don''t allow hotlink when the file is more big that 32kb U_U

My Chii skeetch (from the cover of Chobits manga ^__^)

Chii is some "female robots" that made all to their "master" said! ^___^. Where i can buy someone?.. and came with usb port?

The images worked for a few days, though. After that, they just stopped showing up. I guess they don''t disallow external linking automatically, but they saw a fair amount of bandwith coming GameDev.Net and put a stop to it.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Erunama, are you planning on fixing the problem. Probably, the only reason it ever worked for you is because your browser was loading the images from your cache.

filters??? wtf?

i mean... no offense inteded (and i appreciate your enthusiasm), but how about learning to paint/draw instead? (assuming you haven´t already)

I already know how to draw and paint, and if the pictures were visible, you would see that I used filters to achieve effects that would be extremely hard to duplicate through drawing (I mean, how do you expect me to draw something with a bump map and get a reasonable quality scan for a logo).

And, I only mentioned using filters for saturation. It is technically not even a filter (I used a saturation layer to get the effect I wanted).

So go away you troll

to post from sites that don't allow hotlinking put http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/ before the URL, so for Erunama it would be ie. ahttp://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://opengl.0catch.com/pattern1.jpg and should show up:

Works fine for 0catch, geocities etc.

my own stuff

I just made the coloring in PS, the original b/w sketch was made by someone else.
http://www.strangefate.com/fantasy/beast.jpg

[edited by - StrangeFate on July 30, 2002 2:19:54 AM]

one more thing that comes to mind (i think the other stuff was already mentioned on usf): the blood on the cleaver looks sort of dried up already, so you might wanna try removing the drop (besides, blood doesn´t drip as gooey as that).

btw: how about a tutorial on how to texture like that?