• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erunama

Show your latest work!

This topic is 5979 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know these threads don't last long, but just downloaded the GIMP (Windows version) last night and I am really psyched about it. Here are some quick little things I came up with: Those are all logos for my brother's website. Some of them don't exactly work as logos (like the weird colorful one), but I was having fun messing around with this awesome program. Created with GIMP: [edited by - Erunama on July 30, 2002 8:34:27 PM]

Advertisement
I like the black-on-stucco one (the first critical nonsense logo). Could be used very tastefully in a well-designed site. Please don''t use Flash.

The first one is going to be the background of the site (just kidding of course... I don''t want the visitors to have seizures).

The "stucco" one was just a carpet texture that I bump mapped. Personally, I like the second film logo (it is a movie site). The first one would be hard to make a site around, without creating a border around the image and without having a background image.

Though I am not really happy with any of them. I''m sure better things will come with practice.

I am really loving creating patterns with GIMP. It is so easy, and they look pretty cool! Here's three more:

EDIT: Took out large (cool looking) center picture.

[edited by - Erunama on July 18, 2002 12:22:14 AM]

[edited by - Erunama on July 30, 2002 8:36:49 PM]

Come on guys, this is no fun just putting my work up here.

I've been playing around with the saturation filter a bit.

Pat Wilson (drummer for Weezer). I like the way this turned out, since it was my first one:

Elizabeth Perfoll (model). I am not at all happy with this one. I think it would have been better to desaturize the entire room and leave her as is. I am too tired to try that right now. Also, I think her skin is a bit too light in this picture.

[edited by - Erunama on July 30, 2002 8:37:09 PM]

d''oh me ! I could have posted here
Well, I couldnt be bothered reposting, so if you wanna see my new stuff and comment (I always like a bit of criticism from my peers), please give a look to the thread I started.

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !

http://www.freewebs.com/jointjunkie/Digidege/pacman.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/jointjunkie/head.jpg

[edited by - pipo declown on July 21, 2002 10:08:47 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!