Show your latest work!

Started by
23 comments, last by Erunama 21 years, 8 months ago
I know these threads don't last long, but just downloaded the GIMP (Windows version) last night and I am really psyched about it. Here are some quick little things I came up with: Those are all logos for my brother's website. Some of them don't exactly work as logos (like the weird colorful one), but I was having fun messing around with this awesome program. Created with GIMP: [edited by - Erunama on July 30, 2002 8:34:27 PM]
Advertisement
....eye hurtin''colors....a...NO!.....*fainted*......zZZzzZ..."kinda"....."cool".....
I like the black-on-stucco one (the first critical nonsense logo). Could be used very tastefully in a well-designed site. Please don''t use Flash.
The first one is going to be the background of the site (just kidding of course... I don''t want the visitors to have seizures).

The "stucco" one was just a carpet texture that I bump mapped. Personally, I like the second film logo (it is a movie site). The first one would be hard to make a site around, without creating a border around the image and without having a background image.

Though I am not really happy with any of them. I''m sure better things will come with practice.
I am really loving creating patterns with GIMP. It is so easy, and they look pretty cool! Here's three more:

EDIT: Took out large (cool looking) center picture.

[edited by - Erunama on July 18, 2002 12:22:14 AM]

[edited by - Erunama on July 30, 2002 8:36:49 PM]
Come on guys, this is no fun just putting my work up here.

I've been playing around with the saturation filter a bit.

Pat Wilson (drummer for Weezer). I like the way this turned out, since it was my first one:

Elizabeth Perfoll (model). I am not at all happy with this one. I think it would have been better to desaturize the entire room and leave her as is. I am too tired to try that right now. Also, I think her skin is a bit too light in this picture.

[edited by - Erunama on July 30, 2002 8:37:09 PM]

------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
i see only X
-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
d''oh me ! I could have posted here
Well, I couldnt be bothered reposting, so if you wanna see my new stuff and comment (I always like a bit of criticism from my peers), please give a look to the thread I started.

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
http://www.freewebs.com/jointjunkie/Digidege/pacman.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/jointjunkie/head.jpg

[edited by - pipo declown on July 21, 2002 10:08:47 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement