Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c_plus_plus_addict

complete newbies wanted to start team

Hi. I am looking for people who would like to learn programming or know very little. I know sometimes it''s hard to learn in your own and sometimes we don''t understand the concepts or ideas. That''s why I want to create a team to study online together. We would start learning C++ and then moving on to OpenGL or DirectX. This is a opportunity for me and those who join me to learn and help each other in the proccess. There''s no age restriction. There will be no head of the team. We will have our own web site and much more. Please reply to this message only if you''re serious about this and you are commited to learn.

I suggest you learn by your own, and sometimes ask on the forum or in the IRC channel.
The C++tutorial on http://www.cprogramming.com/ seems to be very very useful, and bout game programming: get a book!
Ebook or whatever, its a good investment!

Guest Anonymous Poster

Your idea sounds good and hope more people will join if it goes on. Can you post more details?

I''ve always wanted to join a newbie C++ study group. I know almost next to nothing about C++... but I''m willing to learn and catch up with the rest of the group.

Provide me with more info.

Hi again. Thanks for the suggestions and comments. I know a few things (functions, classes, pointers) that''s why i am looking for newbies. We would start from scratch. I agree with CCF, learning on your own is great but I also think sometimes it can be boring or you may not understand something. That''s why i think what I suggest would only benefit us. It would be basically having chat sessions and setting ourselves to a schedule. Upload our source code have it review by other users. I only want to use this as a tool to help us learn.

Hey I'm a newbie.
I know function, pointers, (not function pointers), struct, classes (the basics anyway). And a little about DirectX.
I would like to join.
Every other group I've been in is programming at an accelerated rate or I can't keep up with them.
Anyway, hope to hear from you (q_006@yahoo.com)

Knowledge is what you learn, wisdom is how you apply it.

[edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on July 18, 2002 3:30:19 PM]

Count me in. Especially for DirectX or OpenGL
email : savagerx@yahoo.co.uk

The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant

You can count me in as well. However, wouldn''t it be a good idea to have one (or more) exprienced programmer to answer any questions that we don''t know how to answer? Just a thought.

By the way my email is johnkatsavos@rogers.com and/or jkatsavos@hotmail.com

Hi All,

I''d like to join in too. I started Win32 programming a few weeks ago, so I''ve already gotten my feet wet. I don''t know much about it yet, but am VERY willing to learn!
Mail me at MainForze@gmx.net

BTW, where''s that website? More details please...

Greetz, MainForze

Hey again. There's no actual page, it will be built. There's really not a lot to say. Again we will start from ground zero. Those who are more advanced can join and help out or just wait 'till we reach their knowledge level. Everyone is welcome I am just providing the idea we will all work together in gettign this started. Those who are ready to start can e-mail me or post it (as some have) in this message board. Please if you're thinking of joining please let us know how much you know so that we know what we're dealing with. Any specific question post it here or e-mail me. Again I am just providing the idea. Those who join me on this will shape how we will work, I think by the end of this week we will be ready to start. Again, please take note that we will start from scratch to benefit those who know nothing. Thanks.

[edited by - c_plus_plus_addict on July 18, 2002 2:25:13 PM]

I''m glad if I can help. I''m making a project of my own in Win32. I''m very comfortable using pointers and classes, etc, except STL, because I don''t need it now.

If you want to me join your team, contact me at nicho_tedja@yahoo.com

My compiler generates one error message: "Doesn''t compile."
-Albert Tedja-

I will join. I just got Books on c++ and i have been reading them non-stop. My only question is how will we be able to contact each other and stuff.

email: slevesque12386@netscape.net

When The Only Thing You Have Is A Hammer, Everything Looks Like A Nail

Hi again. stevelevesque, to answer your question. we will have regular chat sessions, we would upload our programs (even the smallest ones) so that the other members can review it and say what they think. We will also have or message board, If we can''t get it up and running soon we will use this message board to contact each other. Anyways again, this is just the Idea. On sunday nigh I will e-mail everyone who''s said that they want to join with an invitation to a chat session so that we can all talk about how we will function and when will we start. Please, those of you who haven''t done it yet please post your e-mails so that I can contact you. Thankyou.

Sounds kewl count me in! Email= jtron1989@aol.com

Only the eyes of a true player will see what realy beholds the game. Only the eyes of a true player may see the pixels and nothing else. Only the eyes of the true player can see the game, feel the game, be the game. I am a true player. Are you?

ummm me again
one other thing. On sunday night huh? Well do you have specific time cause like i said i''m like 13 and my bro will kik me off if i''m on for hours and stuff

Only the eyes of a true player will see what realy beholds the game. Only the eyes of a true player may see the pixels and nothing else. Only the eyes of the true player can see the game, feel the game, be the game. I am a true player. Are you?