complete newbies wanted to start team

Started by
111 comments, last by c_plus_plus_addict 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi. I am looking for people who would like to learn programming or know very little. I know sometimes it''s hard to learn in your own and sometimes we don''t understand the concepts or ideas. That''s why I want to create a team to study online together. We would start learning C++ and then moving on to OpenGL or DirectX. This is a opportunity for me and those who join me to learn and help each other in the proccess. There''s no age restriction. There will be no head of the team. We will have our own web site and much more. Please reply to this message only if you''re serious about this and you are commited to learn.
Advertisement
I suggest you learn by your own, and sometimes ask on the forum or in the IRC channel.
The C++tutorial on http://www.cprogramming.com/ seems to be very very useful, and bout game programming: get a book!
Ebook or whatever, its a good investment!

Your idea sounds good and hope more people will join if it goes on. Can you post more details?
I''ve always wanted to join a newbie C++ study group. I know almost next to nothing about C++... but I''m willing to learn and catch up with the rest of the group.

Provide me with more info.
Hi again. Thanks for the suggestions and comments. I know a few things (functions, classes, pointers) that''s why i am looking for newbies. We would start from scratch. I agree with CCF, learning on your own is great but I also think sometimes it can be boring or you may not understand something. That''s why i think what I suggest would only benefit us. It would be basically having chat sessions and setting ourselves to a schedule. Upload our source code have it review by other users. I only want to use this as a tool to help us learn.
I am sorry in my previous post I mentioned CCF when instead of Pipo DeClown. Sorry again.
Hey I'm a newbie.
I know function, pointers, (not function pointers), struct, classes (the basics anyway). And a little about DirectX.
I would like to join.
Every other group I've been in is programming at an accelerated rate or I can't keep up with them.
Anyway, hope to hear from you (q_006@yahoo.com)

Knowledge is what you learn, wisdom is how you apply it.

[edited by - Alpha_ProgDes on July 18, 2002 3:30:19 PM]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Oh almost forgot, you can contact me at waverz3d@yahoo.com

[edited by - CCF on July 18, 2002 9:17:52 PM]
Count me in. Especially for DirectX or OpenGL
email : savagerx@yahoo.co.uk

The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant
The road may be long, wind may be rough. But with a will at heart, all shall begone. ~savage chant
count me in for everything.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement