I want your opinion

Started by
18 comments, last by Nquiksilver 21 years, 9 months ago
LoL, thank you both for your input. I am not in this for cash (although that would be quite nice, don''t get me wrong) and i haven''t decided on the engine. CrsytalSpace is one of my choices, along with Fly3D, Jet3D, and Boom2. All engines support FPs development, and i will defintely develop the fun aspect of it. Any other comments/suggestions?
Thanks,Nquiksilver
Advertisement
Welp, my momma wouldn''t be proud of me, but I like it. It would probably be one of the few economic FPS games out there.

I''m imagining that you have to "tag" customers in order to sell to them. You might group these customers into zones, like in front of fastfood restaurants or on certain street corners. You could create customer behaviors where gunfire would scare them away; customers might spontaneously try to rob you; and there could be different parts of town for selling to different customers.

Alternately, this could be a game where you''re strickly the gang muscle, and you have to "plant" dealers on a corner much the same was Team Fortress Classic engineers plant turrets. But this might take some of the economic punch out of the game.

For fun (and maybe moral balance) I''d add bot police as a heavy factor. Players would want not to tangle with police, as they''re better armed and more numerous.

I actually would make this game 3rd person, with a driving element and city-scape like Crazy Taxi.

My thoughts anyway...

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Thanks for t3h input :D :D I dunno about 3rd Person, mainly because an FPS is more exciting in my view :D However, i like your ideas on police. I would ideally like to have an officer and 2 deputies randomly try to take you in on suspicion of weapon posession and drug posession charges; every time they stop, they''ll want to inspect you; and if you run, they''ll chase. They won''t be headshot machines though, you''ll be able to tango with them, but if you win, get out of there; backup will be on it''s way if you hang out too long. You can stay and have them inspect you if you have nothing on you, and they''ll go about your business. If you are low on health, you can sta and get caught, but have to sit out part of the round and lose your current drugs and weapons except for 1 melee weapon. I still haven''t decided on how to "sell" the drugs to customers, i might opt for a simplistic system in which you bring up a menu in-game, and depending on where you are, the prices will change and flux. A city with a big police force will constantly make busts, etc; while a smaller city will have drugs at a cheaper price. Any ideas??
Thanks,Nquiksilver
as the dealer, you should be able to set the prices... if they are too high, of course, nobody will buy them. also, i think the larger cities would have cheaper prices, at least that''s how it works in real life (the small-town dealers have to go up to the city to get their stuff, then they tack on their profit)...
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Interesting idea, but i was thinking more along the lines of having the dealer travel for locales around the world, from NewYork to London, and having prices be set locally by demand. Also, good point on the prices, i got the 2 mixed up :D

Any comments?

[edited by - Nquiksilver on July 18, 2002 3:03:26 PM]
Thanks,Nquiksilver
fair enough, i see your point...
hey, it would be cool if you could shoot all the other dealers in the face, and take their "clients"... or maybe just scare them into paying you a percentage of their daily business to not get shot in the face...
if there is much travel between different countries/cities, the player could also set up big deals, such as meeting up with a guy in London who will give you a cheaper price for good dope, then when you go back to new york you can sell it cheaper, or for the same price and get more profit.
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
Actaully, this is defintely going to have multiplayer, so you and other users will spawn in a world, where you can kill other users, take their stash of supplies, and continute on. The weapon selection features akimbo handguns such as beretta 92Fs silenced and akimbo 1911's from Face0FF as well as SMGs and shotguns. It still will be money based however, not frag based.

[edited by - Nquiksilver on July 18, 2002 4:15:59 PM]
Thanks,Nquiksilver
It sounds like it would be pretty fun, if u did it good. I would just like to say seriosly consider making it 3rd person. Ther would be so much more possibilities for thing like hiding in dark corners and watching the cops run by wondering wher you went. In first person You only know whats in front of you and that could be quite difficult if cops are chasing you. Like in games like bond you are way stronger than all ur enimies so u just shoot when you see them. But imagine if Meatal gear solid was first person. Ud go up to shoot somone and than ud have an entire swat team after you, And you wouldnt be able to hide in a locker when thay come or a cardboard box u pick up. I just couldnt see it working too great in first person.
I had a similar concept once, but I took a different thread of it:

GTA3 in a smaller area with uber-detail. Instead of driving about the city, you''re limited to one neighborhood for each section of the game, and you can break into every house and store, take and hock what''s inside. You can also take on random missions ala Elite - assassinate this person, protect some other person, break into building x and get item y.... Making it multiplayer would add to the fun, as you could team up for some missions, or have conflicting goals and be forced to kill each other.

Dealing drugs would merely be one aspect of this game vision, but it''d be harder to pull off than the less-detailed game.

Making the world furry one post at a time
You said that the game will be based on how much $$$ u make. Maybe you should have multiple game types, like for example...How many kills/frags u get, the game might get boring if u just have it set up one way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement