Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RQuinn

Resources in DLLs

I've been trying to implement the code from lesson 38 into a DLL of my mine. I believe all my resources are nice and proper, but hBMP=(HBITMAP)LoadImage(GetModuleHandle(NULL),MAKEINTRESOURCE(Texture[loop]), IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_CREATEDIBSECTION); fails everytime, and GetLastError() reports #183 "Cannot create a file when that file already exists" (ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS). Sadly I have no understanding of why it is giving this error. Might anyone be able to lend some insight? [edited by - RQuinn on July 17, 2002 10:30:56 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
HMODULE GetModuleHandle(
LPCTSTR lpModuleName // module name
);
Parameters
lpModuleName
[in] Pointer to a null-terminated string that contains the name of the module (either a .dll or .exe file). If the file name extension is omitted, the default library extension .dll is appended. The file name string can include a trailing point character (.) to indicate that the module name has no extension. The string does not have to specify a path. When specifying a path, be sure to use backslashes (\), not forward slashes (/). The name is compared (case independently) to the names of modules currently mapped into the address space of the calling process.
If this parameter is NULL, GetModuleHandle returns a handle to the file used to create the calling process.

HANDLE LoadImage(
, // handle to instance
LPCTSTR lpszName, // image to load
UINT uType, // image type
int cxDesired, // desired width
int cyDesired, // desired height
UINT fuLoad // load options
);

HINSTANCE hinst [in] Handle to an instance of the module that contains the image to be loaded. To load an OEM image, set this parameter to zero.

////////////////////////Comments

HINSTANCE and HMODULE, same difference, right? If you need the HINSTANCE of your app, use AfxGetApp()->m_hInstance;

Why are you using the MAKEINTRESOURCE macro? That macro is incase you don''t have the string name of the resource you are trying to open, only the ordinal.