Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NasMan

Lesson 14 - Font Size

Hello, I was looking at Lesson 14. I was changing the Height Of Font parameter in the CreateFont call in BuildFont but it didn't seem to have an effect on the font size. Does anyone know how to change the size of the font in this example? Thanks [edited by - NasMan on July 18, 2002 9:47:12 AM]

Straigt from the MSDN entry on wlgUseFontOutlines:

I can remember as a kid daydreaming over the big Sears Christmas Wish Book. The object of these dreams was Duke, a plastic German Shepherd companion for the old GI Joe. Duke had a wagon he could pull, complete with a flashing light and siren and a fire hose for fighting forest fires. Best of all, Duke had a rope slide. You would set the string up, hook Duke''s mouth on the slide, let go, and off Duke would go to save the forests from being burned down by GI Joe. At least, that was what was supposed to happen. What really happened was that Duke fell off the slide and broke his tail, which wouldn''t stay attached no matter what the advertisements for Crazy Glue claimed.

The point is, pretty early in life we learn that things don''t generally meet our expectations.

Heh anyway that anecdote aside, I''m not sure why wglUseOutlineFonts seems to create the same size 3D fonts no matter what kind of font you feed it.