Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrAccident

Problems installing Allegro for DJGPP

Recommended Posts

Okay, I just recently downloaded DJGPP and Allegro 4.0.2, and I''m having a heck of a time trying to compile Allegro. I used the zip picker at delorie.com, and downloaded the following files: v2/djdev203.zip v2gnu/bnu2121b.zip v2gnu/em2005b.zip v2gnu/fil41b.zip v2gnu/gcc31b.zip v2gnu/gdb511b.zip v2gnu/gpp31b.zip v2gnu/mak3791b.zip v2gnu/txi42b.zip v2tk/allegro/all402.zip I followed the directions (i.e, unzip everything into one folder), and ran make on Allegro. When I did, I got the following output: Compiling Allegro for djgpp, optimised. Please wait... gcc -DALLEGRO_SRC -Wall -Wno-unused -mcpu=pentium -O2 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -I. -I./include -o obj/djgpp/alleg/allegro.o -c src/allegro.c In file included from include/allegro/base.h:26, from include/allegro.h:27, from src/allegro.c:23: c:/djgpp/lib/gcc-lib/djgpp/3.1/include/stdarg.h:110: conflicting types for `va_list'' c:/djgpp/include/stdio.h:35: previous declaration of `va_list'' make.exe: *** [obj/djgpp/alleg/allegro.o] Error 1 It''s apparently running into errors when it attempts to compile. I''m pretty sure DJGPP is installed correctly, because I _can_ compile other programs without any trouble. I''ve got everything that the Delorie zip picker said I''d need, so I''m not sure what could be the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I''ve never run into that problem... though sometimes the makefile in Allegro was a little screwy. First, make sure you''re running the correct makefile. There''s a txt file in the package that goes through the steps.

If that doesn''t work try the Allegro message boards/mailing list.

If that doesn''t work go into stdarg.h and stdio.h and attempt to clear it up yourself. (Don''t hold much hope in that though.)

------------
- outRider -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Okay, nevermind. I got it to work. Apparently, I was using the wrong version of the gcc compiler, which is silly, because I used the version that the delorie zip picker told me to get. So I just grabbed version 3.0.4 and everything worked fine.

P.S: I _did_ try editing stdarg.h, but with little success, as might be expected. Fixing one error just leads to another

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites