• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

meshes and .x files

This topic is 5759 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im currently working on a game that was a 2d based game but is rapidly evolving into a 3d game but I am having trouble reading in a texture and displaying it properly. I think that im right to presume that it requires 2 stages, 1) Read in and set up texture. 2) in the render stage display the texture but I am having trouble doing this properly The .x file im trying to read doesnt have a texture I can see associated with it as a BMP and mesh viewer shows it in colour. Heres my code for 1) and 2) anyone see where im going wrong. 1) D3DXLoadMeshFromX("m_tree2.x",D3DXMESH_SYSTEMMEM,DXTigerPage.D3DDevice,NULL,&pD3DXMtrlBuffer,&g_dwNumMaterials,&g_pMesh); D3DXMATERIAL* d3dxMaterials = (D3DXMATERIAL*)pD3DXMtrlBuffer->GetBufferPointer(); g_pMeshMaterials = new D3DMATERIAL8[g_dwNumMaterials]; g_pMeshTextures = new LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE8[g_dwNumMaterials]; for (DWORD i=0; i=d3dxMaterials[i].MatD3D; g_pMeshMaterials[i].Ambient = g_pMeshMaterials[i].Diffuse; D3DXCreateTextureFromFile(DXTigerPage.D3DDevice,d3dxMaterials[i].pTextureFilename,&g_pMeshTextures[i]); } pD3DXMtrlBuffer->Release(); 2) for(DWORD i=0; iSetMaterial(&g_pMeshMaterials[i]); DXTigerPage.D3DDevice->SetTexture(0,g_pMeshTextures[i]); g_pMesh->DrawSubset(i); } Stuart

Advertisement

• Advertisement