• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AcidKor

3ds Max Export Plugin ressource

This topic is 5993 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I have some difficulty to understand how matrix system works in 3DS Max SDK. What I want to know is how to get the correct position, rotation and translation for each nodes relative to it''s parents. I don''t want to get the matrix only but each compenant separatly. I don''t find any ressources on max export plugin on the web, just some .3ds reader and the documentation is not very helpfull. Does someone knows where I can get advanced ressources (source code, tutorial, papers...) for max plugins ? Thanks Jerome

Advertisement
sparks.discreet.com

I''m also fairly certain that there''s an example of decomposing a Max matrix in the SDK and/or documentation.

I''d definately advise reading the section of the docs about the "Object Offset Transform".

There is a version of the documentation in CHM format on Sparks (you can search CHM files properly).

Also as a (presumably) licensed Max user, you could always actually email Discreet or your reseller directly for advice...

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!