Arg, OpenGL doesn't like object picking at distances!

Started by
7 comments, last by FDGaming 21 years, 8 months ago
I''m writing a 3d modeling program, and I have the whole triangle selection and point selection working pretty well. The only problem is that when you zoom out away from a point, the harder it is to select, until you eventually just can''t select it! However, the triangles work fine for selecting at just about any distance. Is there a reason to why it does this, or possible a way to fix it? I''m basically using NeHe''s lesson32 for selection, just a bit modified for my code. Any help would be greatly appreciated... -Fredric
-FDGaming(CEO, Lead Programmer)
Advertisement
This is just a blind suggestion, but you could try looking at the object selection tutorial under OpenGL on gametutorials.com. That one uses 3D selection so I will be even more useful to a 3d modeling program.
This is just a blind suggestion, but you could try looking at the object selection tutorial under OpenGL on gametutorials.com. That one uses 3D selection so I will be even more useful to a 3d modeling program.
This is just a blind suggestion, but you could try looking at the object selection tutorial under OpenGL on gametutorials.com. That one uses 3D selection using glLoadName() and stuff like that, so I will be even more useful to a 3d modeling program.
This is just a blind suggestion, but you could try looking at the object selection tutorial under OpenGL on gametutorials.com. That one uses 3D selection using glLoadName() and stuff like that, so I will be even more useful to a 3d modeling program.
sorry, connection problems :-)
You can delete the unecessary posts, by going to Edit->Delete Double Post
masterghttp:/masterg.andyc.org
Heh'', I fixed the problem a while ago, forgot to post how.

When you''re multiplying the selection matrix by the perspective matrix, MAKE sure that the perspective matrix is the same as the one that you''re using for drawing.

-Fredric
-FDGaming(CEO, Lead Programmer)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement