OpenGL is hard!

Started by
35 comments, last by drdarkon 20 years, 6 months ago
Offtopic: actually there is a D programming language and has some really neat features: simpler syntax than C++,interface directly with the system''s API and hardware, so it''s faster than java, and has operator overloading,a feature i miss in java, templates, etc. You can say that if C++ is like C on steroids,then D is like C++ on steroids,ah i forget it, you can rapidly port code from C++ and C to D,so some libs and apis can be easily ported to it.
Advertisement
if thats true, then why isnt d the industry standard?

*smiles and waits for a reeeaaaally good answer*
hahaha lol
i dunno, ask the industry

actually there are a bunch of really great programming language, with simpler syntax than C++ and faster than java, like ocaml and others, this languages are relatively new, so the "industry" don''t trust relatively new language,so we,as programmers, have to start experimenting with this new languages, to make this languages and their respective compilers more and more powerful.

I dont know if i make myself clear, english is not my mother language.
For a list of features,and a comparison between Java,C,C++ and C# go to http://www.digitalmars.com/d/comparison.html
yes, i understand your point exactly; we''re afraid of change.

and the other guy, thanks for the link
The only trouble that I have with OGL is memorizing the states and functions thats about it, and how to set them up, but other then that its not really that hard until you start trying to do your own things.
I experienced the same thing. The heavy state nature of gl drove me nuts. I used d3d instead for couple of years until very recently I looked over gl again because I needed to convert gl algo into d3d and the more I looked at gl the more tempted I became. But this time the state made sense to me and I switched to gl entirely. The api is great and I''ll be using it as long as it''s supported.

I also find the whole learning process of anything you undertake very satisfying beause once you know how it works the magic disappears. It becomes monotonous.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement