When should someone "think commercial" of games ?

Started by
6 comments, last by cippyboy 21 years, 9 months ago
When should someone "think commercial" of games ? When it gets big ? Or when it gets cool ? Does it have to be 100% original ? If i would make a game (for a start) and would be at least 50% perfect in all ways and a with a cool gameplay i would sell it with 3-5$ is that cheap ?

Relative Games - My apps

Advertisement
IMHO you need multiplayer, AI, Reality, physics ... etc
i would think com only if my game has many of these things... and for such a cheep price, ppl will play it widely... why not?

If ya see something like this over somebodie''s head then you should fear it untill death... because The Railgun Master was infront of you someday!!!!
The Railgun Master
____________________________________MSN | AIM | YIM | ICQ
When it is good as most of the other games out there, my guess is you will know when it is good enough, pretty vague question though.
if you charged like 5$ for a game, you would probably get massive sales, because there are people that buy stuff just because its cheap, hehe, I think cheaper games is a great marketing strategy, especially if you have a small team. ppl would love a good game priced in the 20$ range, im always hearing people bitching about how games are getting so expensive ($50.00+) so if you made a really cool game and its cheap aswell, you will probably make as much money (if not more) as you would have if you charged 50+ dollars for it, because you will also be getting sales from the people that buy it because its cheap, instead of them waiting a while until its marked down from 50.00 to 19.99 and barely selling anymore... ofcourse im no marketing expert, so i have no clue if my strategy would work... and another way to get alot of money out of a game, is (if your capable) create a MMORPG, but offer the game itself for a free, and like 1 month free trial, then charge like 10$/month after that, i think that would work well, because some people dont wanna pay for a game, then turn right back arround and spend more money to pay to play it... and modifying on that idea, making a download version free, and a store baught version for like 10$ for those on 56k connection and what not...

thats my 2cents
Theres no such thing as stupid people... only people with under clocked brains. -dirty
quote:Original post by dirtypope
if you charged like 5$ for a game, you would probably get massive sales, because there are people that buy stuff just because its cheap, hehe, I think cheaper games is a great marketing strategy, especially if you have a small team. ppl would love a good game priced in the 20$ range, im always hearing people bitching about how games are getting so expensive ($50.00+) so if you made a really cool game and its cheap aswell, you will probably make as much money (if not more) as you would have if you charged 50+ dollars for it, because you will also be getting sales from the people that buy it because its cheap, instead of them waiting a while until its marked down from 50.00 to 19.99 and barely selling anymore... ofcourse im no marketing expert, so i have no clue if my strategy would work... and another way to get alot of money out of a game, is (if your capable) create a MMORPG, but offer the game itself for a free, and like 1 month free trial, then charge like 10$/month after that, i think that would work well, because some people dont wanna pay for a game, then turn right back arround and spend more money to pay to play it... and modifying on that idea, making a download version free, and a store baught version for like 10$ for those on 56k connection and what not...

thats my 2cents

People might also think that cheap == crap and not buy your game, so this can work but it might also fail.
"THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS REPORT IS CLASSIFIED; DO NOT GO TO FOX NEWS TO READ OR OBTAIN A COPY." , the pentagon
quote:Original post by George2

People might also think that cheap == crap and not buy your game, so this can work but it might also fail.

Ithink most people - including me - tests game demos before they buy it... and then they can decide weather it is a crap...

If ya see something like this over somebodie''s head then you should fear it untill death... because The Railgun Master was infront of you someday!!!!
The Railgun Master
What about making a compilation CD, selling it for the price of a normal game, but having a lot of small indie games on it? I''d buy that...
nice idea indeed... I''d buy it too...

The Railgun Master

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement