Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manipulate Display screen graphics?

This topic is 5619 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am not sure if i am asking this right. I am creating a small utility for a directX game. All I need is to display some graphics on top of the screen overlayed over the game screen. I have searched for information on the internet but nothing is what i need. Any help will be appreciated. Is it possible to use GetDC to get the screen and add graphics to it? Someone must know something about this stuff. [edited by - zener on July 23, 2002 11:33:34 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
you mean you want like a gui displayed over the other graphics? just draw them after you draw the other stuff.

this aint for a hack now would it? do exactly what you said. make an overlay if you can explain a really good reason for doing this i will go more in-depth.

What i need this for is a small application for displaying screen shots as I take them. I have everything done except being able to display them over the game screen. I am still learning and this is the project I set out to create.

Can anyone out there let me know where to look for something on this? Do I need to use DirectX to accomplish this? Or can I use the Windows GDI? Is there a special trick to it or is it a simple bitblt to the screen?

Ok, I have been messing with the windows GDI, that is close to what i wan''t but it flickers due to the game screen refresh. So I am guessing I will need to look into direct draw or direct3D.