What attracts you to Game Programming/Development?

Started by
13 comments, last by aanand_420 21 years, 8 months ago
Game developing is somewhat of an art, its a way to express yourself using two of your senses sight, and hearing. I also like to make people feel certain ways, like when Aries died in FF7, or when you found out liquid snake was really snakes brother. I like the player to feel emotional because of something I created.
Advertisement
hard math, problem solving, having to worry about efficiency and memory footprints, and being able to make sweet 3D images of people you are frustrated with be destroyed in graphically interesting and physically accurate ways.

-me
I think that programming in general is fun, and to make a game is a lot more interesting than making a business app.
I couldn''t think of anything I would want to program other than a game when I was younger, and now the only non-games I would want to make are editors and tools for making the games! B-)

-------------------------
(Gorgeous graphics)+(beautiful sound effects)+(symphonic music)+(no gameplay) != Good game
-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
I love game programming for 2 reasons.

1) I love games, game designing and game playing!

2) I''ve finally found something that actually challanges me on all levels. It is both intensly mathamatical and creative at the same time! And I even get to use my story writing skillz a bit

Jai Shaw
--------------------------Dreamstars 3: A space combat game with depth?!http://dreamstars.jaishaw.com
Game programming is an art-form. Coding can be cold and scientic, a way to solve a problem, but not when you''re using code to sculpt your ideas into reality.

Read about my game, project #1

John 3:16

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement