Errors using wglMakeCurrent()?

Started by
2 comments, last by GameEngineer_gi 21 years, 9 months ago
This is a strange one. I have been developing a simple program using openGL. The openGL initialization is where I am having problems. The strange thing is that this app works fine on several machines except one laptop. It gets stranger, though! If I plug the laptop into the docking station that has an HP P1110 monitor that bypasses the laptop LCD, the program initializes and works fine. If I undock the laptop and use the LCD, I get an Access Violation error during the wglMakeCurrent() call which as you all know tries to activate the rendering context. Exact error message: "Unhandled exception in Appname.exe (ATIO2KAB.DLL):0xC0000005: Access Violation." Now that tells me that I have a bad pointer or something. wglCreateContext() call just before seems to be ok and creates a rendering context. The device context "seeeems" to be ok too. Anybody had this weird thing happen? More details on the laptop: HP Omnibook Pentium III 650MHz ATI Rage Mobility-M AGP 2X 8MB adapter, Bios 4.24 It could very well be a hardware thing but thought I''d ask anyway.
Advertisement
Not that I have tried this, but it is obvious that the driver for your laptop LCD screen does not support OpenGL. Look on the web for an emulator. Can you play an OpenGL game like Quake 3 on the LCD screen?

Regards,
Mathematix.

[edited by - mathematix on July 24, 2002 12:21:16 AM]
Thanks for replying. Yeah, I kind-of think its an LCD display driver thing. No, Quake won''t play on the laptop. Sounds like the probable root cause. I will go and look for a driver. Luckily, I don''t do much OpenGL programming on that laptop, mostly MFC and GDI (blaahchht!) stuff.
Good luck!

Regards,
Mathematix.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement