Non-MFC Multicolumn listbox example

Started by
2 comments, last by griffenjam 21 years, 8 months ago
I need one, I searched on google, but found NOTHING!!! Jason Mickela ICQ : 873518 Excuse my speling. The V-Town Have-Nots
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery
Advertisement
Try using ListView control... or ListControl (hmp..., whatever they call it). It has four popular modes: LargeIcon, SmallIcon, List and, Detail/Report... "My Computer" has it, you should know.

Don''t use ListBox control.
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
It''s called a ListView. After some trial and error and by using the docs (messages begin with LVM_) I was able to get a basic application going. One thing that I found confusing at first was adding data to the other columns. To do this you use the LVM_SETITEM message and have iSubItem of the LVITEM structure set to the column number (0 based of course) you want to add the data too.

What specfic problems are you having though?

I will not make a list of links... I will not make a list of links... I will not make a list of links...
Invader''s Realm
I need to use a milticolumn list box to display...well a table of data. But I don''t know how to add stuff to the other columns and I''ve looked through the help (MSDN) that canme with VC++. I will try a list view, that would even look better.

Jason Mickela
Excuse my speling.

The V-Town Have-Nots
"The paths of glory lead but to the grave." - Thomas GrayMy Stupid BlogMy Online Photo Gallery

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement