What do you think?

Started by
2 comments, last by Antony52 21 years, 9 months ago
Will it be safe to assume that Fly3d (www.fly3d.com.br) and Torque Engine (www.garagegames.com) are only good for FPS games?
Advertisement
Torque Engine is filled with bugs an such.. If you have played Tribes 2, which was based on the Torque Engine, you would know what i''m talking about..

but ofcause that some time ago.. many things might have been fixed..
no its not safe to assume that. most 3d engines can be turned into any 3d game. i mean they have made 3d person racing games using the quake/quake2/quake3/hl engines and this was just with access to the mod sdk. for quake3 there have even been a side scroller (metroid clone, dont think it went to far past the beta test stage due to liscencing problems and lack of help). while you wont be taking an engine meant for indoor scenes and making large landscapes, you can pretty much create whatever you want. torque being the tribes2 engine handled indoor and outdoor arenas thus you should be able to create whatever you want.

fly3d seems pretty open for creating what you want as well.

so again, its stupid to think they are only good for first person shooters. its just a matter of being creative and using the engine to its fullest. i mean heck, making something 3rd person is trivial (just move the camera).

i wont tell you which engine to use, but i will tell you odnt be so narrow minded and have some vision.
Not at all.It is just that my game is a space simulator and i was wondering whether these two engines that are more FPS opiented will be capable for that type of game.
By the way until now i have found three 3d engines Quest3D,Fly3D and Torque to build it.What do you think?
From what i see Fly3D is good by the tutorials....man they just use the functions tell you where to write them and just that.What is that?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement