Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how do i fix these unresolved external symbols?

This topic is 5620 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Linking... DX8Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CD3DMesh::SetFVF(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,unsigned long)" (?SetFVF@CD3DMesh@@QAEJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@K@Z) DX8Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CD3DMesh::Create(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,char *)" (?Create@CD3DMesh@@QAEJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@PAD@Z) nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex humdinger.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. i''m getting this when i try to add my code for loading .x files, what is wrong with it?

If you''re using MSV-studio
go to project/settings/link tab
under object/library links enter the proper libraries
for example dxguid.lib d3dx8dt.lib d3d8.lib

In this case I think you need d3dxof.lib

i already have d3dxof.lib in there, along with all the directx lib files trying to get it to work. is there something i might have done wrong with my code? or maybe i missed a header that i need? this is my first directx program, so i''m kind of stumbling around here.

quote:
Original post by billybob
DX8Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CD3DMesh::SetFVF(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,unsigned long)" (?SetFVF@CD3DMesh@@QAEJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@K@Z)
DX8Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CD3DMesh::Create(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,char *)" (?Create@CD3DMesh@@QAEJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@PAD@Z)

these are in d3dfile.cpp from the common folder in the samples, add that file to your project.
quote:

nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex

rtfm, or http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=104538.

---
Come to #directxdev IRC channel on AfterNET

quote:
Original post by OB1st
In this case I think you need d3dxof.lib

don''t you see that

1) those are __thiscall functions with c++ name mangling, while COM uses __stdcall for everything?

2) import libraries, which d3dxof.lib is, never contain implementations of any COM interfaces'' member functions?

---
Come to #directxdev IRC channel on AfterNET