• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

billybob

how do i fix these unresolved external symbols?

This topic is 5989 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Linking... DX8Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CD3DMesh::SetFVF(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,unsigned long)" (?SetFVF@CD3DMesh@@QAEJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@K@Z) DX8Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CD3DMesh::Create(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,char *)" (?Create@CD3DMesh@@QAEJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@PAD@Z) nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex humdinger.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. i''m getting this when i try to add my code for loading .x files, what is wrong with it?

Advertisement
If you''re using MSV-studio
go to project/settings/link tab
under object/library links enter the proper libraries
for example dxguid.lib d3dx8dt.lib d3d8.lib

In this case I think you need d3dxof.lib

i already have d3dxof.lib in there, along with all the directx lib files trying to get it to work. is there something i might have done wrong with my code? or maybe i missed a header that i need? this is my first directx program, so i''m kind of stumbling around here.

quote:
Original post by billybob
DX8Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CD3DMesh::SetFVF(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,unsigned long)" (?SetFVF@CD3DMesh@@QAEJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@K@Z)
DX8Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: long __thiscall CD3DMesh::Create(struct IDirect3DDevice8 *,char *)" (?Create@CD3DMesh@@QAEJPAUIDirect3DDevice8@@PAD@Z)

these are in d3dfile.cpp from the common folder in the samples, add that file to your project.
quote:

nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __endthreadex
nafxcwd.lib(thrdcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __beginthreadex

rtfm, or http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=104538.

---
Come to #directxdev IRC channel on AfterNET

quote:
Original post by OB1st
In this case I think you need d3dxof.lib

don''t you see that

1) those are __thiscall functions with c++ name mangling, while COM uses __stdcall for everything?

2) import libraries, which d3dxof.lib is, never contain implementations of any COM interfaces'' member functions?

---
Come to #directxdev IRC channel on AfterNET

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!