Where to get libs and headers for WinXP?

Started by
2 comments, last by MainForze 21 years, 8 months ago
Hi there! This probably is a very stupid question but I''ll ask it anyway... :-) I''ll be getting a new computer soon (OHH YES! :-)) and it will have WinXP Pro installed. Now I happen to know that in XP you can specify additional window styles (like (partially) transparent windows), etc. in Win32 API programming. My guess is I therefore need some new .libs and headers. Where can I get these? I don''t have a MSDN subscription if thats needed and I don''t the cash for it too... Or maybe can I download them from msdn.microsoft.com? I couldn''t find them... Greetz, MainForze
"It's strange, isn't it? You stand in the middle of a library and go 'AAAAAAAGGHHHH' and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an airplane, and everyone joins in!"
Advertisement
you need the latest platform sdk (free). you may want to consider downloading the entire thing to your harddrive and installing it from there.

---
Come to #directxdev IRC channel on AfterNET
WOW! A reply in under 4 minutes! Man, I''m beginning to LOVE GameDev!!!! :-)

Niyaw, thanks for the suggestion, but that beast is HUGE! Guess I''ll just have to wait for the new comp with a cable connection...

"It's strange, isn't it? You stand in the middle of a library and go 'AAAAAAAGGHHHH' and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an airplane, and everyone joins in!"
you can grab headers & libs here, 5.22 mb sfx rar archive. enjoy.

---
Come to #directxdev IRC channel on AfterNET

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement