• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

billster

HELP ME!! where can i find???

This topic is 5807 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

where can i find the best website that i (a wanna-be game programmer) can find a good C++ guide that wil help me to understand how to start game programming if you know can you email me at: billyknowles1@hotmail.com, thanks Please try and use terms that i will understand as i am new to this sort of thing [edited by - billster on July 24, 2002 8:49:44 AM]

Advertisement
Yes; you need to know that game programming takes a lot of hard work and a heck of a long time, and can provide many wonderful frustrating opportunities for headaches. On the other hand, it''s a whole lot of fun if you''re into it, and provides good experience for other areas of work with computers.
In any case, probably the best way for you to learn C++ would be from a book. Buy, beg, or borrow from your local library, a book (preferably 500 pages or more) with a title such as "Learn to Program C++" or some such. It''ll be a lot easier to use than a website, in my opinion.

Twilight Dragon
Win32 API Expert
www.freewebz.com/j-world

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!