Displaying html/browsing the net in Win32

Started by
3 comments, last by Zeke 21 years, 8 months ago
Does anyone know or can anyone point me to some information on creating a HtmlCtrl in Win32? I can do it in mfc using a CHtmlView derived class but as its derived from an already existing class for doing this I dont really have a clue as to how to go about creating my own. Ive tried using the class in a win32 project but after many hours of trying to get Win32 and mfc to work together it seems impossible to get the CHtmlView class to work with win32. I really dont know where to start in getting a control/window to display html pages without using mfc. Any help is gratefully recieved Thankyou for your time
Just my thoughts take them as you will. "People spend too much time thinking about the past, whatever else it is, its gone"-Mel Gibson, Man Without A Face
Advertisement
Well, not too sure how it works, but most applications that implement web browsing/a web-like interface (With XML mostly) use Internet Explorer''s server. You should check the MSDN for more info on how to embed it in your own application.

- Goblineye Entertainment
The road to success is always under construction
Goblineye EntertainmentThe road to success is always under construction
The only way to do it without using a class that's already made to do it, is to parse the html text yourself, then draw the page in a normal window's client area. Good luck with that, it's a whole lot of work.

You'd essentially be writing internet explorer from scratch.

[edited by - cgoat on July 24, 2002 1:42:42 PM]
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess if its going to take that much work to get up and running what ive already got working with mfc its just going to be easier to sort out my mfc problems.

Cheers

Just my thoughts take them as you will. "People spend too much time thinking about the past, whatever else it is, its gone"-Mel Gibson, Man Without A Face
If you decide to go with the built in interface to internet explorer, then beware that (in the best traditions of MS Windows) this library is full of bugs. It leaks memory and resources, crashes and so on. etc. I''ve had very rough time with it recently.

M

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement