Play borngamer Slots today for your chance to win a free copy!

Started by
7 comments, last by borngamer 21 years, 8 months ago
I''ve finally got my slot machine ready. You can play it at www.borngamer.com. The winner get''s a free copy of the game for their web site. Up to one winner per week! Some of the features of this great slot machine are: 1. Great looking pre-rendered 3D graphics. 2. Game play is entirely server based using PHP and MySQL. 3. Client uses Macromedia Flash 5. 4. Control how games are won including handi-caps and winner frequency. 5. Six skins to choose from with the option of purchasing custom skin integration (get your logo put into the game). 6. Full control panel with stats generation and game configuration. 7. Slot machine client is scalable to different sizes. 8. Default the sounds on or off, it''s all up to you. For anyone interested in buying the game, I plan on having some specials on eBay for the next few weeks. Bids start at $15 for the Game and Custom Skin combo (which sells for $70 - $20 for the game, $50 for the skin). Otherwise I am using RegSoft for purchases (I have a purchase link on my site). Have fun playing, and good luck! borngamer
Advertisement
I played it for a solid 30 minutes...and didnt win once...
Its nice, but I would never come back to a site that didnt atleast give me alittle of encouragement
Ibku,

Thanks for playing. I just looked at the logs and boy did you play. You had a total of 175 spins (which to date is a record).

I hate to say this, but the next player after you won after 18 spins.

Also, you mentioned that you wouldn''t come back to a site that didn''t offer any encouragement. If I was giving out a prize you wanted (e.g. a new PC or a game dev book), you might come back. The game had you interested enough to play for 31 minutes and 175 spins. For any web site, that''s a considerable time to keep you around (especially when most people leave a site after a few seconds or minutes).

I think your game has helped proved my sales pitch for the game does work. For web sites wanting to keep visitors (and show off their product), this game is a great choice. One of the things you may have also noticed is that it takes ~5 seconds for each play. That''s valuable time that a site could have promotional material on the screen read (and hopefully purchased).

Again, Thanks to you and everyone else who has played. Keep visiting for your chance to win.

borngamer
www.borngamer.com
Do I win a prize as the record holder?

True thats additional time spent at the site, but its time spent with something that doesnt relate to your site. On the other hand, if you had a logo or ad of your latest product displayed on the machine (which would be the best thing to do) then that would definately be noticable and get that name stuck in the players head.
Good ploy..
I agree with you that a web site needs to have content showing off their products in order for this to be successful. The game itself will keep people playing, but it''s not enough to sell your product.

In my documentation for the game, I show ways you can place your product information in such a way that it''s seen while playing the game.

As far as my site goes, I haven''t yet done this because I was waiting for my affiliate program to start up. In the next few days, you will see an ad for buying bgSlots and an ad to recruit web sites as affiliates. I''ll be offering some good incentives for affiliates so if anyone who is interested feel free to contact me at sales@borngamer.com.

The current affiliate rates are $4 for each copy of the game sold and $6 for every custom skin sold. A combo package will give the affiliate $10 per sale. More information will be available on my site as I have it ready.

Also, you mentioned having a product logo or image on the slot machine. That''s something I have also thought of. A customer can purchase a custom skin integration where they give me an image and I render it into the game.

Thanks,

borngamer
John, you have made me lose any hope that my upcoming Vegas trip will be anything but a dismal failure. You have proven that not only am I bad at real slot machines, but I am apparently bad at Flash ones as well (check it out, I''m 12.108.129.something). I am hereby blaming any bad luck I may have on you.

Oh, but gool game, you seem to have worked out the marketing aspects of it very well. Is the spinning really random, or is it controlled like real slots? Is it capable of being set to more frequently hand out wins on small prizes to hook players?

If it goes well for you I will be demanding you buy all of my drinks for me next summer in SF.
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
WayfarerX,

The slots are what I call "Controlled Random". How''s that for coining a new term.

What I mean is, the spins are truly random. But once they have been randomly generated, they go through a date check to see if winners are allowed for that time period. If they are not, then one of the spinners is moved up a value to force the win to lose. This needed to be done since most sites would have a limit to how many prizes they are going to give out. The manager of the game can say, "Don''t let more than one person win every day, or hour, or whatever".

Thanks, for the compliments.

Also, I might be able to hook up in October. I''m trying to get some training at Cerner so I''ll be cruising around Kansas for a week.

Talk to you later,

borngamer
If thats how it is, then you gotta let the user know that someone has already won that week and no more winners are allowed.

Id be pissed if I played 175 more games and then found out a winner was already chosen.
Ibuku,

It all depends on how you want to run your site (and contest). The whole point of the game is to entice visitors to stay at your site and come back every day for a chance to win great prizes.

If you tell the players that you have given out this week''s prize, you are going to have a whole lot of people leaving your site that second.

Remember, this game has been designed as a marketing tool to help keep people coming to your site. If you didn''t have controls to limit the winner''s you could find yourself in trouble in a hurry.

For example, what if I had a vacation package I wanted to give away once a week. If I bumped up the handicap to something really high (which would make it harder to win, but it would still be totally random), chances are very few people would win. But, there is a slight chance that more than one person could win. What if 50 people won? The site might not have the resources to pay for that many trips and their reputation as a business would go right down the toilet.

You don''t have to have the date limit set on the game, it''s just a good idea. If you are giving something out that you can afford to hand out like candy, then go ahead have a random game.

I hope this makes sense.

borngamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement