untextured meshes?

Started by
5 comments, last by billybob 21 years, 8 months ago
i finally loaded my mesh, and its rotating on the screen. but its untextured, its pure white. i don''t see how its untextured if i''m using the drawSubset for meshes. is there some kind of lighting thing that i have to set right for this to work?
Advertisement
You are actually loading the materials and texture''s, right? And when it comes to rendering, you''re using SetTexture? If you arn''t, check out the tutorial in the SDK docs for loading a mesh for more details.

---
My Site
Come join us on IRC in #directxdev @ irc.afternet.org
quote:Original post by RapidStunna
You are actually loading the materials and texture''s, right? And when it comes to rendering, you''re using SetTexture? If you arn''t, check out the tutorial in the SDK docs for loading a mesh for more details.

---
My Site

i am, i don''t understand why they aren''t loading or drawing. is there any possibilty that a light is somehow washing out the texture? i''ve never done directx before, so i don''t know what it will look like when its lit correctly. but i have lighting enabled, yet its still solid white. it stays solid white when i put it in wireframe from solid mode. i can''t find any reason why it isn''t drawing the textures.
are you actually loading the textures with d3dxcreatetexturefromfile? are you parsing the material buffer returned from d3dxloadmeshfromx? are you using settexture and setmaterial?

drawsubset uses the active textures for rendering. if you didn't load any textures, you won't get textured models.

---
Come to #directxdev IRC channel on AfterNET

[edited by - niyaw on July 24, 2002 9:01:35 PM]
quote:Original post by niyaw
are you actually loading the textures with d3dxcreatetexturefromfile? are you parsing the material buffer returned from d3dxloadmeshfromx? are you using settexture and setmaterial?

drawsubset uses the active textures for rendering. if you didn''t load any textures, you won''t get textured models.

---
Come to #directxdev IRC channel on AfterNET

[edited by - niyaw on July 24, 2002 9:01:35 PM]

yes i am, i loaded and set the materials and textures.
What model are you using? Try the tiger from the sdk and make sure the texture is in the same directory as the model. Also, what are the results from turning lighting off?

---
My Site
quote:Original post by RapidStunna
What model are you using? Try the tiger from the sdk and make sure the texture is in the same directory as the model. Also, what are the results from turning lighting off?

---
My Site

ok, tiger.x and tiger.bmp work. well then, its the plugin for 3D studio, because my friend who is making the 3D models made a pistol and exported it, but i guess the texture didn''t work. that makes me very happy, that i successfully loaded a .x file good to know it isn''t my fault. though this brings up another issue, how to i export from 3D studio without losing the texture?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement