• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

omegasyphon

nodes in a bst

This topic is 5811 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok when i have a binary tree created, i check for a leaf by seeing if its left or right is null. however why doesnt the same theory work for checking if its a node? like why doesnt this work if node-> right !=NULL or node->left !=null

Advertisement
check for leaf: left == NULL OR right == NULL
check for not-leaf: left != NULL AND right != NULL

doing that only works for if its a leaf tho.
i had to swap the && and || to get it to work for a leaf but i stil cant get it to properly do a node.

ok, maybe i''m a bit rusty one this... each item in a BST is a node, and a node with no sub-trees is a leaf, right? so wait... i meant:
leaf: left == NULL AND right == NULL
node: left != NULL OR right != NULL
yah, so if both left & right are NULL, it is a leaf (no subtrees), otherwise it is a node (if either is not NULL)...
er... i need some sleep already...

anyone know of a good website about this , every time i do a search i get game related stuff with quake and i dont need that kind of info.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!