Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coordinates on heightmap

This topic is 5618 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m working on a RTS (Karantania). I know. It''s a big project... but why not. So here is the problem: I have a world made with heightmap (like in GameTutorials.com). And (when I click) I would like to get the coordinates on that terrain. You know, when you send your unit to a location, you need to get the coordinates on the terrain and not somewhere on the air or screen. If anyone had the same problem, I would be glad if he could help me. Any code or perhaps pseudo code. thanks

I think I''ll gonna make it. I''ve got some assist from one of the Arxel Tribe programmers.

And when I just mention them... does everyone of you know them? I bet you don''t know where they work (one of the answers is France. But where else?).

Sorry about my english.

I was wondering how you finally figured out how to do it, I''ve been having the same problem since I would like the actual location on a single polygon for my landscape/height map program... if you can get working results I would be very thankful to see how you completed it.
-thanks