Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Header file creation

This topic is 5619 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well, header files are text files saved with a ''.h'' extension (ie: stdio.h) for the ''C'' or ''C++'' language (as I know them).

Place declarations, #defines and what not in them. Don''t place operational code in them with the exception of MACROS. Place instructions in your .C/C++ files. (.c/.cpp)

You can make your own but don''t expect them to look like those in stdio.h those are very complicated.

Other than this over simplified answer of mine, I''d say to buy a decent book on programming.

quote:
Original post by Like2Byte
Well, header files are text files saved with a ''.h'' extension (ie: stdio.h) for the ''C'' or ''C++'' language (as I know them).

Or ''.hpp.'' or ''.hxx'' or ''.H'' or with no extension at all . Seriously though, the industry standard seems to be ''.h'', so you can just as well go with that.

"The churches used to win their arguments against atheism, agnosticism, and other burning issues by burning the ismists, which is fine proof that there is a devil but hardly evidence that there is a God."
Ben Lindsey and Wainwright Evans