Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bones/IK from MAX

This topic is 5616 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Guys! I got a question about animation (exporting anim data from max). Do I need to code Inverse Kinematics stuff on my own, or do i get all those nice anims when i export the usual bone animation data? Is MAX doing this job and that''s all? I couldn''t figure out...

I''m not sure what you really mean about Inverse Kinematics, but for sure if you want to use it you have to code it !
Inverse Kinematics is not some sort of data, it''s rather an algorithm that find the "correct" moves for an object hierarchy according to an "end-effector" move.

Hope that help you

You can get MAX to give you the result of it''s IK calculations - but it''ll just end up being normal boned animations. That''s not how IK works. IK is where you say "I want this person''s hand to be here" and your IK works out all the positions of the bones in between the root and the hand to get it there.

If, on the other hand, you just want an animation of a person running (or whatever) then sure, you can just get that from MAX.

If I had my way, I''d have all of you shot!

codeka.com - Just click it.